Thursday, March 31, 2011

I cheated...

We quit smoking over a month ago now, but I have to admit I totally cheated this last weekend.  I had a lot on my plate and when I got home on Thursday, I told Ryan that all I wanted was a glass of my favorite wine and a smoke.  The argued with me, half-heartedly, but finally agreed provided I didn't start smoking again.  I promised I wouldn't, he requested I sign a contract stating such, I refused, and we headed to the store. 

First, we picked up some smokes and then we headed down to my favorite little winery to pick up a bottle of my favorite wine - blackberry cab.  We looked through the bins and again, they were totally out of my wine.  Bummer.  So, we decided that now was as good a time as any to try their wood fired, pizza Napoletana.  We decided to order their artichoke dip as a starter.  Ryan loved it.  I thought it needed spinach :)  Then, we went with the traditional Margherita pizza, but we added some imported Italian ham; and I settled for a glass of regular cabernet sauvignon.


It was absolutely delicious.  I have never, ever in my life tasted a pizza sauce that was this simple yet amazing.  Ryan and I finished the entire pizza, and quite honestly, I probably could have eaten more because it was that good.  It is now officially my favorite pizza ever (sorry Prime Time).  Also, it was pretty cool watching the guy make our pizza and then wood fire it.  I enjoyed the whole experience.

Then, with full bellies we headed home.  And this is where I cheated.  I had a cigarette.  And it was everything I remembered it being.  Amazing.  We proceeded to have a few more smokes over the course of the weekend, but ask Jenny, it was no more than 2 a day.  And, I'm sure you will all be happy to know that I haven't had one since and don't plan to. 

So there.  I cheated.  But, most think it was entirely excusable.  I would tend to agree.

1 comment:

  1. I have spies all over-- don't you dare think you can cheat again young lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete