Friday, May 4, 2012

Parental Amazement

Maybe this is well known, or maybe every first time parent experiences this, I don't really know.  All I know is that my child does things so quickly that I am always in awe. 

When a child tries to learn how to ride a bike, they don't usually just pick up the bike and know how to do it.  Instead, they have their parents running behind them holding the bike seat and many crashes (hopefully into the soft grass).  But babies...they don't do that.  Babies just suddenly do things.  You don't ever see a baby practicing to grab toys...just one day they do and the rest is history.

As you all now, we have to age adjust for M because she was born early.  So, instead of being 5 months old, she's really only 3.5 months when you age adjust.  While she has always been hitting her milestones, and usually at her actual age instead of her adjusted age, I feel like I have been waiting forever for her to show any interest in toys.  Don't get me wrong, she's been staring at her toys for months...but never reached out to bat at them or grab them.

Well, earlier this week she was sitting in her carseat and just reached out and grabbed the cat that was clipped to the side of the handle.  And when she came home that night, all she wanted to do was grab and play with her toys.  It was amazing to me that she just suddenly started doing it, like she's been doing it all along.

Here are a few shots of her new favorite toy:





2 comments:

  1. Louis and I were laughing out loud at these pictures! Blake attacks his toys just like Maddie does. It is totally crazy that one day they figure stuff out. I have no idea how they do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO FREAKING ADORABLE. Seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete