Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Busy Bee

First, I'd like to apologize to those who enjoyed the weekly knitting posts.  Unfortunately, I had to miss the last two classes for work.  I'll be going to my class tomorrow, but I think it's the last one (I'll have to check).  I'm definitely not going to be as far as I wanted to be by the end of class.  I wanted to be able to have my teacher show me some finishing techniques, but I'm no where near finished.  Actually, my stocking looks pretty similar to the last picture I posted of it.  I haven't had much free time for knitting the last few weeks.

However, while my knitting has taken a back seat in the last few weeks, I have been extraordinarily productive at work.  The first class was missed due to a manufacturer's advisory meeting.  Out of that meeting ended up coming a wonderful idea and opportunity for Downriver.  I've been working on it for the last two weeks straight.  Between the negotiations with the company and our own internal planning it has taken a lot of work, but we're in the final stages now.

Knitting class two was missed for a city Planning Board meeting that affected one of our branch locations.  I attended the meeting, which ended up lasting from 7:30 to after midnight.  In the end, however, my arguments to the Planning Board were persuasive enough that the board voted unanimously in Downriver's favor.  It also helped that one of the board members was 100% on my side and vocalized that to the rest of the board.  I have to say, I found it quite amusing watching a 70 year old man throw a temper tantrum when he lost.  I wish, in that moment, that I had a video camera so that a) I could see my reaction to his temper tantrum, and b) so that I could replay it to him and show him just how childish and ridiculous he looked.  It makes me laugh inside every time I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment