So, what's happened in the last month? Well, Blake, Louis and Jenny came to visit. I still can't get over how much better Blake was and he's only 6 weeks older than her!!! Here are a couple shots of the cuties:
Maddie ventured outside for one of our very few snows this year and touched snow for the first time. I don't have a shot of that, but I think Louis got one. I'll have to ask. But, here she is all bundled up for the cold weather:
And here is Miss Maddie finally fitting in the outfit I originally bought for her to come home from the hospital. Obviously, this was WAY before we knew she was going to be early and super tiny.
Maddie has gotten into the habit of staring at daddy when he gets home from work. He always gets TONS of smiles from her. I couldn't help but get a few shots of her staring at him in awe. This is one of my favorites:
Maddie apparently likes to watch basketball. There were lots of Maddie smiles while she was watching the Big 10 Tourney. And here she is supporting her team:The weather in Michigan has been absolutely spectacular for over a week now. Last Friday, Ryan and I took Maddie to the park for a walk and to test out the new Beco Gemini carrier I got. It's Maddie approved...she loves to pass out in that thing. It's also mom approved because it is SUPER comfortable. Here's a shot of us!
St. Patrick's Day!!! Here's our little lovebug all excited about her new dress:
We went to Jill and Aaron's house for a SPD party. Aaron made some home brew and I must say, the Vanilla Porter was pretty spectacular! I ate entirely too much...Reubens, Spinach Dip, Guinness Cupcakes, Beef Stew, Cheese & Crackers, etc. All of the food was delish. Even Maddie tried a deli pickle (read: let her lick the juice) and she actually liked it, lol. Here's a shot of the fam at J&A's:
Maddie loves strawberry juice. Grandma gave her one last weekend and she must have licked and sucked on that thing for 20 minutes.
And finally, we tried her out in her jump-up. She had a blast, but doesn't understand the whole "jumping" concept yet. Instead, she just spun herself around in circle.
Check out those beautiful blue eyes! I hope they stay this color because they're gorgeous!
And finally, yesterday Maddie had her last Synagis shot. While we were there the nurse took all of her measurements so her pediatrician can keep up-to-date on her progress. Well, last night at 9 o'clock our ped called all excited. She apologized for calling so late, but couldn't wait to tell us....Maddie is officially on the FULL TERM GROWTH CHART!!! Yayayayayayayayayayay!!! She didn't give us the percentiles (probably because they're 0.1%, lol), but she did give us her percentiles on the preemie chart. Yesterday, Miss Maddie was 10 lbs 5 oz (25%), 22 1/4" long (25%) and had a head circumference of 15 1/2" (50%). My little bitty and doing such a fantastic job of catching up! We couldn't be happier with her progress.
Also, we got our very first baby GIGGLES last night!!! <3
Finally, today Maddie is 4 months old. I can't believe how fast time is going by!!!


Miss Maddie you do have the prettiest eyes I have ever seen! Your poor Dad will have to fight boys off of you with a stick. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteAunt J