The apple crop this year in Michigan was hit really hard by the early "summer" we had in March and then the subsequent freezes. There was a lot of talk that cider mills may not open because entire crops of apples were lost. And those apples that made it, ripened early. I was so sad when I heard all this because I have been looking forward to taking M to the cider mill since before she was born! It is my absolute FAVORITE thing to do in the fall and I look forward to it all year long! It's a family tradition from when I was a wee one that I want to carry on in my own family! So, Ryan, Maddie, Grandma, Grandpa and I all headed out to Plymouth Orchards today for some cider and doughnuts!
Despite the cider being unpasteurized, we let M take a taste of it. The kid loved it! After I set the cup down she tried crawling up on the table to get it! A girl after my own heart!
Carmel Apples!!! One of my favorites! M seemed quite interested when I was biting into it...
...yeah, she liked it!
Mmmmmm doughnuts!
Feeding the goats!
Driving her tractor!
And shifting gears.
After the cider mill, we headed over to Aunt Ashley's house to meet her new dog, Mackie.
M felt that Aunt Ashley's DVDs needed a bit more organization.
I am so happy you got to go!! These pictures are so fun :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, M is way too freaking cute. AH!