Saturday, May 18, 2013

Playhouse!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Winslow got Maddie a playhouse for Christmas...and it's been sitting in their garage since then.

Today everyone was available and the weather cooperated, so we set it up for her.  Getting it from their house to our house, however, proved to be a bit harder than anticipated.  You see, the boxes for the playhouse arrived by semi back in December.  We thought we could open the boxes and cart the stuff over by van load...or if worst came to worst, strap it to the top of the vans and go.

Yeah, turns out, the sides were too big to fit IN the fan or ON the van.  So, Grandpa and I made an unscheduled trip to work to borrow a truck.  Last time I rode shotgun with my dad it was during the "Great Blackout" to bring a generator home.  It was a stick.  It was interesting.  Thankfully, there are no more manual trucks in the DRS fleet anymore :)

We drove home, loaded the playhouse in, dropped it off, took the truck back to work, and the came back to our house.  This is what I saw when I walked into the backyard:

 Apparently the skylight makes for quite a nice chair...
And the roof makes for an awful fun slide, lol.

Maddie had fun helping dad and grandpa put the house together:

 Making sure the doorbell rings...
And that the shutters open properly...
 And of course that the burners work...
And finally that the faucet it properly installed.  

Grandma and Grandpa even got her some chairs to make her house nice and comfy:

Then we moved everything over to the spot in the yard and let her go to town.  She had a blast!


She's also obsessed with these rocks in our backyard.  I get the feeling I'm going to find her house filled with them one day, lol.

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted one of those houses when I was a kid, M's looks like so much fun! Lucky little lady. :-)

    ReplyDelete