Wow. Sorry it's been so long! We've been so busy since Trina got here for the summer! It's been a fantastic summer so far.
M gave Trina a new nickname...."Tuna." It's awesome. We ordered her a Tuna t-shirt the other day.
We went up north for the 4th and it ended with nearly everyone getting some nasty stomach virus. There was a lot of throwing up...by a lot of people...
Anyway, we went to Art in the Park yesterday. We drove to the shuttle parking and walked to meet the shuttle and I about died when I saw the line of people waiting. It has to be at least 3 buses worth of people...and I'm talking the big charter buses. Well, as luck would have it the little senior transport bus showed up, parked right night to us, and told us to get on! WOO! We totally cut the line by a lot of people.
When we got down to the park it was HOT, very hot, and SUNNY, very sunny. I didn't know how long we'd make it with the kids, but I figured we'd try to get as much in as we could. Our first stop was for Ashley....Hawaiian Buns! She loves them and we saw they were giving out free 4-packs of the buns as well as coupons for free packs at the store so we nabbed a bag for her, my mom, and ourselves.
It was pretty darn hot, so we stopped in the first aisle for some waters and a lemonade for me. But, someone decided she wanted my lemonade instead and I totally lost it:
When we got to Main Street we ran into some of the chalk art! Love it!!!
Then we ran into Trina's favorite -- the metal man. I don't know how he does it ever year without melting, but he's a lot of fun to watch.
Right on the corner of the next aisle is the painting a person into the picture! This artist has been her for a few years now and it's pretty awesome when she's done painting!
Some more sidewalk art! Gone with the Wind is in the middle!
And a little town the street they had a reggae band rocking out. They were pretty good!
It was right about now that my mom and I decided that we were entirely too hot. I looked up and saw I still had a long way to go to get to the park and some shade...
But, we made it to the park, found a big patch of shade and took a load off. Ryan and Trina walked thru the park to see what artists were in there. Grandma and I sat down in the shade and let M run off some of her energy from being in the stroller the whole time. After M seemed to calm down a bit we all moved over to the fountain.
Everyone felt a lot better after getting out of the sun for a bit. And while we were hanging out in the park the temperature seemed to drop a bit, the sun hid behind some clouds, and a nice breeze was blowing through so the 2nd half of Art in the Park was quite enjoyable. We went down the remaining aisles and bought a few things:
Not pictured there was also a bathing suit for Trina's new American Girl Doll, a pepper corer for dad, and a bunch of fresh kettle corn, roasted cashews & roasted almonds. I think Trina and I ate like 2 lbs of popcorn and Grandma ate 2 lbs of roasted cashews, lol.
Toward the end we ran into the Duck Bus!!
Trina made herself a pretty cool Duck Tape bracelet!!
And of course we had to get a shot in front of the Duck Tape Spongebob, tho I was a little surprised she chose him instead of Hello Kitty.
After this we called it a day. We walked to the shuttle drop off so we could head back to the car. And we ended up being down there for about 4 hours and left just before closing time. When we got back to my parents' house, no one was hungry. So we hung out with grandpa for a while and then headed home to put the kids to bed.
All in all it was a pretty good day and the kids had a great time!





No comments:
Post a Comment