Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cider Mill

Anyone who knows me (even just a little bit), knows that I look forward to fall all year to be able to go to the Cider Mills.  If you're asking what a cider mill is, well you'll just have to visit Michigan to find out.  It's big here.  And, it's amazing.

I made my first trip to the cider mill (Plymouth Orchards) this past Sunday.  My mom and I headed out there while the boys watched football.  It was the free Red Zone preview, so they were more than happy to let us have a mother-daughter day.

We wandered around the store picking up some cool items like my new Apple Butter BBQ sauce!  My mom picked up a bunch of fresh apples to make an apple pie.  I'm super excited to make it with her, hopefully this weekend!  And then we sat down to guzzle the delicious apple cider and stuff ourselves full of gut-bomb doughnuts (in all three flavors)!!


We still have two more cider mill trips on the list, possibly three.  Dexter Cider Mill is one of our usual spots.  We've been going there since we were kids, and I noticed last year that they were featured on Food Network.  My personal opinion is that Plymouth Orchards & Dexter Cider Mill have *the best* cider around.  Dexter will be the third place we hit if we end up having time.  Inked into our schedules is a visit to Parmenter's and a yet unknown and undiscovered cider mill.  My mom recently told me that Parmenter's has a winery now as well as hard cider.  We found a place a few years ago that had the most amazing hard cider, so I definitely have to check out Parmenter's since it's about 5 minutes away!  Then, as per tradition, we will be joining Jill & Aaron to visit a new and undiscovered cider mill.  We've found some great ones over the last few years!  I can't wait to see where we end up this year!!!

Woohoo!  Fall, here I come!

Oh, also another of my favorite fall occasions...haunted housing with Eddie & Ashley!  We already have our 2010 Fear Finder, and we've already started mapping out our stops!  Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment