Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crazy week

I thought I was busy before...now it's just a joke.  I ended up having to fly to Vegas on Tuesday and didn't get back until Friday afternoon.  Long story short, my uncle was at a conference out there, fell, and broke his leg pretty badly.  My dad and I had to fly out there to organize and execute his transport back to Michigan as the hospital in Vegas could not set his leg properly and would not do surgery on him.  It was three extremely long days spent on the phone and in the hospital arranging his transport to the Vegas airport, then from the Detroit airport to Botsford Hospital.  It's a darn good thing that my dad and I are relatively cool headed in emergency situations.  It was a big job (much bigger than I anticipated it would be), but it all ended up going very smoothly despite a few surprise set-backs during the trip.

However, Delta and I are in a fight.  If you're going to charge me $400 for a flight, how about you try letting me sit in a seat that has a cushion instead of a concrete slab.  For those of you flying on a Delta airbus anytime soon...DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT, sit in seat 10A or 10 F.  These two seats are the window seats in the first exit row.  Because there is a second exit row behind you, your seat does not recline.  That's not so bad, and I really didn't mind it that much.  What I did mind was the crazy seat "cushion" they use in those seats.  Because they are directly against the exit door, the cushion is lower (actually, 4" lower than the seat next to me).  I'm a midget and it was uncomfortable for me because my thighs were off the chair for the whole 4 hour flight.  But the absolute worst part about it wasn't the height difference, it was the sheer lack of cushion.  There was literally *NO* padding on the seat...it was like sitting on concrete.  So please, if you want to feel your butt by the time you get off the plane...DO NOT SIT THERE!

In other news, I managed to finish the 2nd book (The Girl Who Played with Fire) in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.  It was awesome.  Read it.  Seriously. 

So, I end up back at work Friday afternoon with a pile of stuff on my desk.  I have everything I missed while gone for a few days, all stuff that didn't get finished on Tuesday because we were arranging the trip to Vegas, all the added work that was delegated to me because my Uncle will be out of work for a while, AND some legal problems that cropped up for my cousin.  I'm pretty sure this week is going to consist of some pretty late nights.  All this and I'm STILL trying get to the contracts I promised to review for my bff.  I wanted to get it done before they launched their new business (Check it out: Sign It With Love), but they already launched and it's still sitting on the back burner because I just don't have the time.  Sorry J!!!!

I'd love to write more, but I have some e-mails to attend to before work tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I hate DELTA too! They screwed up so badly and had such poor customer service on our honeymoon I will never fly with them again. I heard in the airport their nickname is "Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport" haha!

    Its ok that you haven't gotten to the contracts yet, I still love you and recognize the craziness that is our lives.

    J

    ReplyDelete