Saturday, August 31, 2013

Bemidji - Post 1

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted.  No real excuse other than we've had a pretty busy summer!  We all went out to Bemidji this past week to visit with Ryan's family.  It was a pretty great trip, minus M getting sick, and then me getting sick when we got home.

We arrived in Bemidji on Saturday.  Picked up our rental car, stopped for lunch, picked up some essentials at Target and then checked into our hotel room.  I must say, I was pretty impressed with our room at the Hampton Inn!  If you're ever in Bemidji, I'd recommend staying there!
Main Room:
 2nd bedroom for the girls:
 View:
The 2 room suite worked out wonderfully for us.  That way we could put M down at bedtime/naptime and the rest of us could stay up without disturbing her.  There was a pretty nice pool there which also included a kids splash pad and indoor/outdoor hot tub.  Trina was a huge fan of the arcade.  And their free continental breakfasts were pretty good!

Anyway, after checking in and getting a nap for M, we headed over to Jerry's house to say hello to everyone and to pick up Trina.

M was super excited to see her big sister again and ran out of the house full speed to see her when she arrived!
The boys grilled out for us for dinner and while everything was cooking we took some pictures:

During our photo shoot all the kids went running down the drive way.  It took several adults to round up all 4 of them.
 During that time, the boys got silly...and thankfully I was able to grab a shot of it.  LOL.
After dinner, we spent time hanging out and Maddie and Cohen warmed up to each other and played together.

Uncle Nate and Uncle Ben were teaching Trina to play Heart & Soul and the little ones decided to join in on the fun.

On Sunday, Ryan went to his dad's house in the morning to help get some projects done and I stayed at the hotel with the girls so they could go swimming.





After they had their fill and M was blue lipped and shivering we decided it was time to head up, shower, and grab some lunch next door at the Green Mill.  In the hallway there's a giant picture of Paul Bunyan's head, and Trina wanted him to eat Maddie.

After lunch, I took the girls down to Lake Bemidji so they could wade around and have some fun.  M wasn't a big fan of the sand, lol.



Ryan got back to the hotel after nap time, showered, and we headed up to see Jayne in the nursing home.








After spending some time with grandma, we all headed back to Jerry's house and ended up watching a crazy storm.  The kids were pretty interested in the hail that was coming down!


More tomorrow!!!  I have 5 more days to get thru! 

No comments:

Post a Comment