Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Life Updates

Droid. It's pretty much the most amazing phone I have ever had in my entire life, AND it was only $50. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. I'm usually not the girl that sits there on my phone all of the time texting and tweeting and whatnot. Actually, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with cell phones. They're convenient and definitely a good thing to have. But, I hate that anyone can ALWAYS get ahold of me. It's not unheard of that I will ignore phone calls just because I don't feel like talking; but I promise, dear reader, I've never ignored YOUR call. Then, I'm notorious for failing to check my voice mail. I hate listening to voice mail --- especially because I always have to wade through my saved voicemails before I can even GET to the new ones. So, I usually just call the person back without even having heard their message.

The Droid has pretty much taken the "hate" out of my love/hate relationship with cell phones. While I hate always being connected, I am pretty happy about how being able to sync my Gmail AND my work e-mail to my phone. I can't tell you how many times I've been out of the office and missed an extremely time sensitive e-mail. My stress level has dramatically decreased now that I can get my work e-mails where ever I am. Also, this phone has some of the most amazing capabilities, for example, I can doing a google search by voice command, then click on the address, press navigate and my Droid turned into a GPS with turn by turn instructions. I heart it. A lot.

In other news, Trina's mom had her baby yesterday. It was a boy, Colton James. Apparently, Trina is not at ALL happy that she got another brother. When she was here in December, I asked her if she wanted a brother or sister. She had very strong feelings on the issue. She told me that if it wasn't a girl, she didn't want her mom to have another baby. I asked her what she would do if it was a boy, and reminded her that she gets along so well with her other brother. She told me that she didn't care, she DID NOT want another boy. So, I wasn't all that surprised when her mom told us she wasn't exactly thrilled with the new baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment