I have been considering starting a blog for some time now. In my musings I have waivered between family privacy, and an easy way for those we love to keep up with our busy lives. After seeing the wonderful blog that a college friend started in the same vein I have been pondering, I decided to make the plunge into blogdom. Thanks Katie!!!
We're 54 days out from the wedding, and every day it becomes more and more "real." During the 3 years of planning, I have found at times I lost sight of the fact that I was actually getting married. From picking flowers, colors, linens, and music to envisioning the overall picture and how things fit together one begins to lose sight of WHY all the planning is happening. I have had to remind myself a few times that the whole point of all of this planning is because I am marking the first day of our lives together. I must have wandered down the captivating road of "planning" recently, because I was suddenly jolted back into reality with a comment this weekend. While visiting Jen, one of my best friends in the world, in Chicago for her wedding shower, her fiance's mother said to me, "The next time I see you, you will be a married woman." I guess maybe I had not thought about it that way, or maybe I did not realize how truly close we are to the wedding. Either way, it was one of those comment that really drove home the realization that I am getting married in less than two months.
No comments:
Post a Comment