I went to Golden Chopsticks today with Ashley & Eddie (btw, they have pretty good food, and from what Ashley says AMAAAAZING sushi). We all love Chinese and pretty much have the same beginning and ending to every meal we eat at a Chinese restaurant.
First, we walk in and start looking at the Chinese Birth Year placemat. It doesn't matter how many times we go, and how many times we probably have the EXACT same conversation, we never EVER remember what symbol each of us is and whether we are "compatable." Also, it's usually entertaining because every restaurant has a different description for each symbol. One restauraunt will tell me that I'm shy and unable to make friends while another will tell me I'm outgoing with many friends. Go figure.
Then, in closing, we always fight over the fortune cookies. "No, that one is MINE!" "You stole MY fortune." And, as it turns out, they always end up with the fortune that has MY lucky number. Not once in my entire life have I ever gotten my lucky number in a fortune...
...until today.
While Ashley and Eddie were busy, I ganked the fortune cookie that *I* wanted. Ha Ha. I opened it, and read the fortune. My response, "Hey, this one is actually true!" It didn't tell me to "Face facts with Dignity" or that I was going to "gain much prosperity," instead it said:
You will soon be involved in many gatherings and parties.
Hell yeah I am, I'm 15 days away from my wedding with a long list of bachelorette/bachelor parties, a rehearsal, a rehearsal dinner, a ceremony, a reception, and the gathering for opening gifts. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my fortune was dead on for once.
Then I turned it over and saw:
2 3 7 16 23 40
My lucky number actually showed up on there twice (well, almost). I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment