I spent a good portion of today going over a contract and determining whether my client had a claim. It's always a nice surprise when you get the actual contractual language in front of you and you're shocked that it says EXACTLY what your client said it did. I can't tell you how many times someone has misread, not read, or misunderstood what they agreed to in a contract. Turns out THIS time, she DID read it correctly, and she DID have a claim. A pretty strong one at that. I mean in the land of law there is always an argument to be made on the other side and nothing is EVER cut and dry 100% in your favor. This one looks good tho, and if the drafters of the contract have a SINGLE brain cell working in their head, they will most certainly give my client what she is asking for without all the time and expense involved with a court case.
1 down, 109,853,208,905,480 to go...at least that's what it feels like.
In other news...I finally heard about my rings for those of you who keep asking me and I keep saying I have no idea. My ring and new wedding band will be ready for pick up on Wed. night. WOOO! I can't WAIT to get my ring back! Although, at this point it's probably smarter if I just don't wear it and keep it all nice, shiny, and buffed for the wedding.
I picked up all of my girls' bridesmaid gifts. I love them so much that I was tempted to buy one for myself. But, I refrained...no guarantee that I won't go back and get one in the very near future ;)
I've decided to attempt to be "crafty" this weekend. After I get the garden planted on Saturday (yay!!!), I am going to attempt to make part of Trina's flower girl gift. Fingers crossed. You all know how absolutely UNcrafty and UNcreative I am. I am a total waste of space in the artistic realm. That, and I don't really have the luxury of a lot of time to sit around and play with it until it's perfect as I would usually do. Maybe if I had 36 hours in a day...but I don't. Unfortunately.
Since I got the seating chart pretty much completed over the last few days, one of the last big ticket items I have left to do is the Welcome Bags. Hopefully I have enough time between now and the wedding to get it done...those and the kids' activity bags. 24 days and counting.
No comments:
Post a Comment