Just thought I'd plug Kiva for any of you who don't know about it. Essentially, Kiva allows individuals around the world to lend money to entrepreneurs across the world. Individuals band together to fund the loans for these people. I think it's a really wonderful cause, and can make a tremendous difference in someones life who does not have the luxury of walking down the street to the bank to get a loan.
Ryan and I have been participating in Kiva since 2007. It started with one $25 dollar loan, that was paid back and then rolled into a second entrepreneur. Every time we get a loan repaid in full, we roll that into a new person needing a loan. After getting our initial $25 back from two different entrepreneurs, we decided to put a little more in and now we fund 4 people at once.
Check it out if you get a chance: http://www.kiva.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment