Friday, I came down with some nasty virus (thanks Mom!) and it's still hanging around. I was laid up all weekend with aches, congestion, chills, etc. Most of the really bad stuff has faded, but I'm still highly congested and it's developed into a pretty nasty cough. New lungs, please! Anyone?
Saturday, my dad came over and he and Ryan power washed the patio and sealed it. It looks really good! So, that's one more thing checked off the "landscaping" list. Up next weekend is installing the french drains to eliminate the wonderful "swampyness" of my backyard. We were going to tear out the bushes in the front yard last week, but it's been far too rainy for Eddie to come in with the backhoe (we don't want to destroy the front lawn). So, here's to hoping for good weather on Thursday so my wonderful future brother-in-law can snag the backhoe and pull out those bushes for us! Thanks for saving our backs the labor of 8 ginormous bushes Eddie!!!
So, my landscaping list currently is this:
- Thursday - tearing out bushes in front.
- Next Week - Planning my garden planting!!! I'm thinking about putting in a Snow Fountain Flowering Cherry Tree somewhere in the front, or something along those lines to give the garden a little depth and dimension. I'm super excited to start planning out the flowers I'll use!
- Next Weekend - french drains, weed & seed, and some sod placement.
- First weekend of May - planting my veggie garden & planting flowers in my newly cleared front garden.
- Second weekend of May - if we're ambitious and not completely bogged down in the wedding crunch, we're tossing around the idea of putting a garden in the very rear of the yard, complete with pavers and a LOT of new top soil. It'll be a HUGE job, so it will completely depend on timing. We may wait until after the wedding, or for next summer to take this monster on.
Monday was quite busy at work. Lots of prepping for court because I was just too sick to do it over the weekend.
Today, I wasted half of my day in court. Got up at the crack of dawn, drove to Warren, arrived for check-in first thing in the morning, and the hearing didn't go until around 11:30. It ended up being a total waste, and I've got to do it all over again in 2 weeks.
This weekend is annual inventory weekend, so the office has been bustling getting ready for the inventory count of every item we stock in all 8 locations. I hope I get out of here at a decent hour on Saturday...before dark would be preferable, but not probable. I guess instead I'll just hope I don't have to come in on Sunday.
In other news, Ryan's currently on the road to Florida. When I talked to him a few hours ago he was already in Tennessee. He's making some really good time. He won't be home until tomorrow night so I get the bed ALL TO MYSELF tonight!!! I'm actually pretty excited about it, can you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment