Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wedding Checks

I have a rather large "To Do" list on my phone right now with regard to the wedding. Every time I can check something off, I have to add something to the list, so it's become my never ending To Do list. I have 44 days, and it feels like not nearly enough time. But, some recent check marks I have are:

  • Purchased my champagne toasting flutes and cake serving set. I love them, and think they are super cute. Take a look:

  • I met with my cake decorator, Rose, and went over my cake design. I am absolutely in love with everything she recommended. I can't believe how much work she has to do to decorate my cake--she's air brushing each individual gum paste flower because she can't get them in my colors. She told me that because of my cake they closed off my wedding day and aren't accepting any more orders. Ahh! But, Rose is totally excited to be decorating the cake. It was so cute, she was clapping she was so excited! Now, I just have one more cake flavor to pick!
  • Groomsman gifts are on order. Ryan is pretty excited about them, so I hope all the guys love them and use it as much as Ryan does.
  • Bridesmaid gifts have been pick out...now I just have to go buy them :)
  • I've nailed down some of the music we'll be using for entrances, dances, etc. Or, at least I thought I did, until Ryan expressed his dislike of my choices. So, I guess it's back to square one on that one. I want to use Chris Brown's Forever for our entrance song...he's adamantly opposed. Boo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7TFWV5m-WY
  • Rehearsal dinner invites were sent out in the mail this morning.
  • I've nailed down price and availability for the handicapped van we have to rent. Now, I just have to finalize the contract.
  • I've been working on things for my favors and place cards too. But, I'm not going to tell you what, because the favors are one thing I'm keeping absolutely secret.
  • The picture frames came in for our table numbers, and my mom went to pick them up this morning. So, now we can start making the table numbers this weekend! I'm super excited to do these -- our mock-up came out SOOO cute!

So far, we have 122 people coming, and 23 regrets. We've yet to year from 175 people...but they still have one week to send their RSVPs in. I've put my sister (MOH) in charge of calling everyone who does not respond, because I have to let some of my vendors know a final head count 30 days out.

I'm still waiting to get my engagement ring back and with it my brand new custom wedding band. I called a few weeks ago, and they were still waiting on the diamonds to come in. I'm really starting to miss my engagement ring a LOT. It's been months since I've had it.

Other than that, I still have a list about a million miles long. Why didn't I get a wedding planner again? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment