Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away...

Well, so much for my yardwork to-do list. It has rained the last few weekends in a row, so I've been unable to pull out the bushes in the front yard AND unable to put my french drains in.

Don't get me wrong, I love the rain...it's making everything so green and beautiful. But, my backyard has already turned into a swamp, and we're no where closer to installing those drains. And, with the weekends running out, as much as I hate to admit it, we probably won't get to any of the yardwork (except for planting my garden next weekend) before the wedding. I really wanted to get a lot of it done before all of our friends and family were in town and coming over to see the house, but c'est la vie.

In wedding news, I've managed to get a few more things done/planned.
  • Final meeting w/ the DJ was Wed. We met and planned out all of the entrances, music, and whatnot. I truly love our DJ! He absolutely LOVES being a DJ and has really great ideas about what to do/play. I'm pretty confident that he's going to keep the party rocking!
  • My wonderful father and fiance went and rented the limos for the bachelor party, bachelorette party, and the day of the wedding.
  • I had my 2nd dress fitting on Thursday. AMAZING! The dress fits like and glove, and the bustle she made is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't be happier with how it's coming out. She has a few little tweaks to make, and then it'll be done. If anyone needs a seamstress for wedding dresses in the Metro Detroit area I would HIGHLY recommend Angela at Bella Alterations in Livonia. I give them an A+++
  • Friday the prenup was finally completed. I drove out to my attorney's office Friday morning to sign all of the paperwork.
  • Many finalizations have been made with the place cards and favors. Just a couple more things left to do there.
  • Tracked down almost all of the people who did not RSVP on time (and there were A LOT). Shockingly, a lot of them are actually planning to come, so I'm glad that I made the calls.
Other than that, I have a few more things to do. I have to make the seating chart. Wednesday I'm going to get the bridesmaid gifts. Saturday I have my final meeting w/ the florist. 28 days!!! We're almost there and I'm getting SOOO excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment