I have two more days of work this year, and then I'm off until the 3rd. Yesterday, I finished the hugely obnoxious closing on our newest commercial building. It has taken months of back and forth, errors, negotiations, and more errors. It also didn't help my sanity with my clients wanted to change the closing date less than 48 hrs. in advance. We'll just say that I had problems with this at about every possible turn. So, I was ready for the closing to be riddled with issues, however the closing itself when very smoothly. We met at the office of the Seller's attorney (who I have to say, I actually liked as a person). The seller was on time. We were on time. We got through the signing of the paperwork in record time. I was quite surprised at how easily it all went. Should have known I would have all my trouble with Wayne County. Despite Wayne County being their typical selves, I got everything recorded and turned it. The last fax just went out to the Seller and now, I'm done! And even better, as far as I can tell I'm going to have a fairly easy last two days of work. Tomorrow is our office Christmas party, and I'm hoping that our bosses will have mercy on us and let us out a little early since it IS Christmas Eve.
I have all of my Christmas shopping done, but I haven't done any of the wrapping yet. Trina will be here Sunday, so I really need to get that done. I also have to go out and pick up ingredients for the 8-layer dip I'm making for the party tomorrow. We also need to clean up the house. It's not that it's "dirty" but rather entirely too cluttered and disorganized. I swear, my kitchen table has like 2 weeks worth of mail dumped on it. I sifted out the bills and Christmas cards and left everything else just laying there. Shame on me! Ryan has tomorrow off, so I'm hoping that after he finishes his Christmas shopping he can start organizing some of the house. (See baby, that's a hint right there).
Well, I should get back to work now. I have some loose ends to tie up before tomorrow.
I want to wish everyone a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment