Thursday, December 2, 2010

Knitting Class 6

Today was my second to last knitting class, so I really wanted to have my stocking to a point where Dory could show my how to finish it.  But, I got held up on the toe because I absolutely could not understand the instructions...I needed and interpreter :)  This is close to what I had before class, although I knitted another 8-10 rows after this picture:
 Dory ended up weaving the toe for me...I watched her, but I still have no idea what she did.  I'll have to practice some on my next stocking.  Then Dory taught me her way to make a seam.  It's absolutely amazing, you can't even see that there's a seam there...check it out:
 And then finally, after having me practice the seaming, she showed me how to finish all of the loose ends I have one the back.  Before:
 And by the end of class I had about 1/2 of my loose ends finished off.  After:
So, my check list has gotten remarkably shorter in the last couple weeks.  All I have left to do for this stocking is:
  • Finish remainder of loose ends
  • Finish seam
  • Duplicate stitch the name
  • Make and sew in the lining
  • Attach the loop for hanging
  • Attach the bell at the end of Santa's hat
And then...I will have finished my very first stocking!  This one is multiple inches longer than the ones Gram made, so I decided that my mom's dog, Bebe, will receive this stocking.  For the rest of them, I am going to use smaller needles so that my stocking turns out the right size! 

No comments:

Post a Comment