Friday, August 19, 2011

Shopping Trip with Grandpa

Grandpa called me on the way home from camp and said that he promised Trina if she was good for a whole week he'd spoil her, so he wanted to take her to Best Buy.  I said sure, and that I'd drop her by his house after we at dinner.  Then I started getting nervous.  What if Trina convinced him to buy her a cell phone, or worse an iPad? 

After dinner we went over to Grandma & Grandpa's house and Grandpa asked Trina if she wanted to go to Best Buy or Toys R Us.  She emphatically said she wanted to go to Toys R Us (thank goodness, there are very few electronics for sale there that would give me a heart attack).  Grandma and I hung out watching some funny clips on YouTube while Grandpa, Dad, & Trina went on their shopping trip.

After about two hours they returned with a giant bag from Toys R Us.  Grandpa told Trina she could get any two things in the store that she wanted.  She apparently saw the Harry Potter Hogwarts Lego set as soon as they walked in the door and wanted that.  Now, she had to pick her second item. According to Ryan she had a hard time choosing between a Barbie RV Camper, Hagrid's Hut Lego collection, or the Harry Potter Express Train Lego collection.  In the end, Trina picked Hagrid's Hut...I suspect it's because it had a ton of jumping spiders on the front of the box.

This morning I found this:

 Yes, that's Trina putting together the giant spider from the Hagrid's Hut set.  She was all excited and came running upstairs to tell me when she finished it.  I sort of doubt that she's going to get both sets done before she leaves, but hey, at least it will give her something to look forward to at Christmas.
The Hogwart's set has something like 1,300 pieces and Hagrid's had almost 500 (I believe).  That's a lot of Legos!  I almost died when Ryan told me how much these two sets cost.  I had no idea how expensive Legos are!!!

I also got the most awesome gift in the mail from some of my most awesome friends:
Yes, that's right...it's pink monkey footie pajamas!!!  And yes, those are little monkey faces on the feet!  How adorable is that?!?  Ryan was super excited because he's all about the monkey theme for our little girl, and these jammies are right up his alley!  Thank you so much J & Louis!  I can't wait for her to wear it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see my first outfit for my niece was a success!!

    ReplyDelete