Yesterday was grandpa's birthday...93 years old. Amazing.
We went down to the D to eat at Joe Muer's which was AMAZING! We had the "chef's table" reserved. It was kind of neat. It was a high top in it's own "room" that overlooked the kitchen. Here's a shot of our table:
And, I'm not sure why it took us so long to get this shot, but Four Generations of Winslow, from 1 to 93!!!
Despite it being waaaayyyy past her bedtime, M was smiles for most of the night.
A big appetizer was ordered for the table. A lot of it was raw, so M and I didn't partake. M did, however, really like some smoked fish that was on there. However, I think her favorite of the night was eating dad's clam chowder and great-grandpa's split pea soup. She was going nuts for it and of course no one minded sharing with her.
I ordered a filet with a 1/2 lb of Alaskan King Crab for my entree and my crab was cracked and made ready to eat for me right there table-side!! Ryan got a Cowboy steak (a giant bone-in ribeye). There were also several sides ordered for the table....asparagus, truffle mac n' cheese, spinach, a couple types of potatoes, etc. M pretty much had a little of everything and it was all delicious. I'm not a huge mac n' cheese fan unless it says Kraft of the box, but I have to say that this mac n' cheese was pretty awesome. I know Betty got the dover sole which was filleted at the table; that was pretty neat to watch. My dad got the Steelhead special which sounded REALLY good and I almost got. Grandpa got the whitefish. And I don't remember what everyone else got.
Dessert was also awesome. I got a decadent chocolate cake and Ryan got a blueberry cheesecake. Both of which were melt in your mouth amazing. Grandpa got an apple turnover and it came out on a giant plate with ice cream, candles, and a birthday message:
And the birthday boy!!!
We all had a great night, and I know how very lucky we all are to have been able to spend it together celebrating the 93rd birthday of a very wonderful man!
Love you grandpa!


No comments:
Post a Comment