Last night we all went out for dinner and karaoke. Dinner ended up being a Gaucho's Brazilian Steakhouse. I can't say I mind that at all, because I love that place. I think I'm a big fan because I can eat a little bit of so many different things. As usual, the food was excellent. Although, I have to say that the bacon they used on the filet and chicken was super salty. I wonder if they had a brine accident in the back. Ben tried a Brazilian beer, Xingu, which he seemed to enjoy. After dinner, I contemplated getting some dessert because they have a papaya mousse that is to die for, but I was totally stuffed. We had a really good time though:
After dinner, we decided to head up to 4 Friends for some drinks. We won a $50 gift certificate for our Wizard of Oz costumes, so we decided we should put it to good use. When we got there, we found out it was karaoke night. Ashley and Ryan immediately filled out a card to sing "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls. They convinced Ben to do backup vocals -- I think he was Sporty Spice :)
After they sang, "Kevin & Janice" we called up for their song. Obviously, my parents didn't fill out a ticket to sing so someone did it for them. Of course my dad refused to go up, so Ashley filled in for Kevin. They sang "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher. Then, it was time for Ben to get up and sing "Leroy Brown" by none other than Jim Croce. He did a really good job, and I had a lot of fun singing along. Everyone threw a fit and kept calling me part of the NFL (No Fun League) because I didn't want to sing. Finally, I got sick of it and agreed to sing a song. And what happens? In the middle of the song, some drunk girl trips over all of the cords and shuts down the whole karaoke machine. Yeah, so I had to sing the song AGAIN.
All in all it was a great night! Today we plan to see the ice sculptures downtown Plymouth. Buuut, it's like 6 degrees (-10 wind chill) and I'm not sure that our Southern guest wants to wander around freezing his butt off. So, we'll see.




No comments:
Post a Comment