Monday, November 14, 2011

Yo MTV Cribz

I thought I'd post a couple pics of where I've been living for the last week.

Pardon my mess bed :)  but here's a shot of my bed, and one of the TV and bassinet.



There's a rocker/recliner that Ryan has claimed as well as a couch that turns to a bed.  At this hospital, your room is for everything and you aren't transferred anywhere after the birth.  So, there this area for the baby on the side. 


I also have my own bathroom with Jacuzzi tub.  I haven't used the Jacuzzi yet because my BP is too crazy to be up and about that long, especially in the heat.

Updates:  We met with Dr. Murphy and Dr. Campbell today.  We also had another ultrasound.  In the end, Dr. Murphy decided that my BP meds needed to be increased because my pressures were getting out of control.  They also took a bunch more blood.  Later, Dr. Campbell said that Dr. Murphy is adamant about a 34 week delivery,  but she wants to discuss waiting until 35 weeks with all her partners.  Basically, 35 weeks would mean no NICU stay for Maddie.  So, we'll see what everyone says.

In other news, some of my favorite people in the whole wide world sent me a giant Squishable platypus.  I named him Hank in honor of Mr. Henry Ford.  How cute is he???


I also had the CEO of the hospital stop by to see me this afternoon. I was totally taken aback.  He said he was told I've been here a while and wanted to know how my stay had been.  He asked about my nurses and doctors, as well as the food and housekeeping. He then wanted to know if there was anything he could do to make my stay better.  It was crazy!!!  Do hospital CEOs usually do that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment