We busted out the rice and the went to town throwing it all over the kitchen. It was actually quite entertaining to watch them. Tho, I am pretty sure that Louis nearly had a heart attack over the mess being made. I am still finding rice randomly all over the house. HAHA.
This pic might be my favorite of the weekend:
Then after the kids both took a nap at completely different times, we decided to get everyone ready to head to Jungle Java. I figured Blake would have a blast like Maddie does...turns out I was wrong. :( But, before we left, the kids had some play time with the twins. Please excuse the disaster that is my family room.
Jenny got a few pictures of them playing together in the toddler portion. Hopefully she posts them on her blog for you all to see. I only got a couple of M running around like a nut in the big kid play place!
Blake was not a big fan of Jungle Java, so we left after maybe an hour or so and came back home. The kids played together pretty well and Blake fell in love with Stevie.
Here are a couple of shots of the moms and babies. Check out how much bigger Blake is than Maddie!!!
And check out the "Then & Now!!!"
A few candids of the behbehs:
Saturday night we all packed up and headed over to Station 885 for dinner with my parents. The kids who had been chill and fun at the house just minutes before turned into mini monsters who refused to be contained by either a high chair, seat, or small area of the restaurant. So, all of the adults took turns eating and taking M and Blake on walks. Fewf. We were glad to be done when dinner was over. Blake and Maddie, however, did spend some time being quite entertained by sitting in the portable high chair on the floor:
Sunday morning Blake and Maddie decided that wearing winter coats was the thing to do. Blake looked like "fat man in a little coat." Hilarious.
I was sad to see them go when they did because it seemed like Sunday morning was when the kids REALLY warmed up to each other. They were chasing each other and playing peek-a-boo. Maddie was trying to give Blake hugs and kisses. I *wish* I had caught the kiss attempt on camera. It was too cute for words.
After the Malics got on the road back to Chicago, Maddie decided that she needed to wear BOTH of her jackets. Too funny.
For some more awesome pictures of the Malic visit, check out Jenny's post over at Malic Love.
We already miss the Malics like crazy. And I'm super sad that we're not going to be able to make our annual trip to Chicago for Labor Day weekend. Instead we're going to have to wait until October. That seems like such a long time to wait...







No comments:
Post a Comment