Monday, July 19, 2010

Filming in Downtown Plymouth

I'm a total nerd, but I'm totally pumped that Scream 4 is filming in my hometown. I took Trina down there this afternoon to check it out. It was pretty sweet. They built a "fake" building in a parking lot and it looks amazing! It's really weird to see the Woodsboro Police Station sitting right next door to the Box Bar! They are using Kellogg Park (where we got married) and the surrounding streets. All of the street lights in the area were covered with the "Scream" ghost costumes. It was really neat, and Trina loved it!

We couldn't get super close and I only had my phone, so the two pictures below aren't all that great. But, one of my friends managed to get really close to the police station so I nabbed her photos to show you all!

It's hard to see, but in the first one you can see the Scream Costumes on the light posts in the center of the picture. (Click on the photos to zoom in and see it a bit better)

This second one is standing about a block away. On the right is the Box Bar, and through the trees you can see the police station.

Then, here are the amazing shots my friend Katie got. The fountain in front is recognizable to all of you out of towners who were at the wedding. That's right where we were for the wedding. The white wall behind the two buildings is the Meeting House. On the right with is the Box Bar, and then in the middle is the police station! If you look at any of the wedding photos, you'll see that this was previously a parking lot :)

How cool is that??? I love it! When we were down there they had "fake" police cars parked out in front of it!
So, when you all see Scream 4, you'll know that this isn't a real building :)

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool! Hopefully deputy Dewey finally gets killed in Scream 4, haha.

    ReplyDelete