Monday, July 19, 2010

The long awaited weekend!

This weekend flew by...maybe it's because I was so excited for it to arrive?

Saturday we all got up early and did a bunch of yard work. The storm that blew through on Thursday wreaked havoc on our poor garden. It knocked all of our plants over. We found the peppers and tomatoes all laying on the ground. The tomato cages will no longer hold the plants up, so we had to run up to Lowes to get some stakes for those and supports for the other plants. But, we did get a nice little first harvest. We had some cucumbers, jalapenos, grape tomatoes, beans & green pepper ripe. We took most of it to Jill and Aaron's, so I hope they enjoy it as much as we do!

Then, around 3 we headed over to Jill and Aaron's. Jill's cousin Sherry came with her husband and three kids, so Trina had some little ones to play with. Aaron and Jill made sliders, potato salad and lots of other yummies. The kids cooked some smores (with giant marshmallows) at the bonfire Aaron made. Ryan managed to break their hatchet trying to split wood, so we made a quick Home Depot run. Then, we put Trina to bed and hung out at the fire chatting. It was a wonderful relaxing evening with some of my very favorite people! Thanks guys!

Yesterday I attended my cousin's bridal shower. As much as I hate showers, this one wasn't bad. I got to see a lot of my family, and there weren't any stupid games. My cousin-in-law, AJ, made the favors and they were absolutely adorable! It was olive oil (with rosemary or thyme sprigs in it) with bread dipping herbs. I'm really excited to try it. Afterward, we ended up at my parents house. We all (mom, dad, Ryan, Ashley, Eddie, & Trina) we to dinner and a movie. Then, it was bed time. I thought it was quite a nice little weekend, until Trina woke me up at 2 a.m. this morning. She hurled EVERYWHERE in her bed. It was all over her, all over the bed (soaked thru the mattress pad to the mattress), all over her stuffed animals, all over the floor and pretty much where ever she walked. And it smelled SO bad. So, we spent 45 minutes cleaning her and her bed up. The mattress is going to have to air out, so she slept on her cot. And, I still have laundry to do this afternoon (we couldn't get it all in one load).

*I have pictures of this weekend, but haven't loaded them onto the computer. I'll update this later with a few. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment