Here are some pics of our second harvest! I forgot to take some pics of the first one, but we had quite a bit (more than we could eat), so we took some over to Jill & Aaron.
We ended up having to pull all of our lettuce out. It never ripened properly. I'd go out nearly every day to test it, and it stayed extremely bitter. It's way past it's harvest time now, so we pulled it out and we'll plant some more seeds to see if we can get some to work. Last weekend, when we got our first harvest, my beans were almost ripe but not quite there. I forgot to go out this week and pick them, so they were pretty much dead on the vine today. Oops. Hopefully I'll have some more soon; because there is nothing better than a ripe green bean straight off the vine!!!
Again, we ended up with way more than we can eat! Look at all those cucumbers!!!

We had quite a few cucumbers, banana peppers and green peppers. We'll have some yellow peppers soon, but they're not quite ripe yet.

We had a ton of jalapenos, and there are a TON more on the way. Those tomatoes you see above and below are GRAPE tomatoes. Yeah, I know. It looks like they were grown with nuclear waste. I cannot believe how HUGE they are. But, all of our tomatoes are gigantic. The beefsteak ones are still green, but probably about 6 inches across already.

My mom is going to end up with a bunch of cucumbers and peppers today! I know she's excited for some of my cukes because her plants didn't make it. So, we took some of my plants out and transported them to her house, but they didn't make it either.
I think I'm going to make a cucumber, onion, and tomato salad tonight with dinner. Mmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment