Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Update

22 weeks here!  Getting close to the 3rd trimester -- I can't believe it.  Baby is definitely moving around, but she seems like a generally chill baby.  I feel her moving around a lot in the morning and after meals.  Other than that, she is pretty calm most of the time.  Ryan got to feel her for the first time on Monday night!  We'd tried SO many times and she'd stop moving every. single. time. he put his hand on my stomach.  But she gave some nice big kicks on Monday night and he got to feel them all.  He smile on his face was priceless.  His reaction made me laugh "She's moving!!!!  EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!" 

I had a prenatal appointment today and everything is looking great.  All of the results from the anatomy scan are normal.  Organs all look great.  Measurements were all right on track.  She weight a whopping 8 ounces at that time!  My OB used the tape measure to measure my belly for the first time today, and I'm measuring at 22 weeks, which is exactly on track.  I've gained 15 lbs so far which my OB was happy with.  He tried to listed to her heartbeat with the doppler but she was kicking and punching too much so that's all he could hear.  He chuckled a bit and told me it sounds like I'm going to have a spitfire on my hands, lol.

My glucose test is scheduled for the 29th.  My OB informed me that they do a new type of test now.  Instead of doing the 1 hr test and then the 3 hr test if you fail, they do a 2 hr test and that's it.  So, I get to spend at least 2.5 hours at my OB's office on the 29th...yipeeee!  <---sarcasm.  For those of you who don't know what the glucose test is, it's to check for Gestational Diabetes.  Basically, I have to fast all night (no food or water), then I go in for my appointment.  They draw my blood fasting.  Then I drink a sugar drink and they draw my blood 1 hour after and 2 hours after the drink. 

In other news...I'm excited it's September.  This weekend we have a wedding to go to AND it's a LONG weekend.  Next weekend we have J's baby shower!  And then the end of the month is the RenFest with Jill & Aaron!  YAY!!!  Lots of great things to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment