Friday, September 30, 2011

Glucose Test Done!

The glucose test was totally fine. People really amped it up as way worse than I actually thought it was. As you all know, my OB is going by the new standards and gives everyone a 2 hr test instead of the 1 hr & 3 hr. So, I arrived early for my appointment (traffic was good, yay!) and they took me right away.

I had a fasting blood draw of 2 vials. Then, I got to choose between an orange drink or fruit punch. I chose orange. It ended up being a whole Solo cup (you know, the blue or reds ones) full of the stuff. I had to drink it in 5 minutes and they timed me right there while I did it. I actually kind of liked the stuff...it was like Fanta, but without the carbonation. After I drank it, they gave me a timer that was set for an hour and I went back for my prenatal appointment.

I peed in the cup (all was normal) and then met with my OB. She measured me and listened to Maddie's heartbeat. All was great. My blood pressure was great and I've actually somehow lost 3 lbs in the last 4 weeks. So, now I'm only up a total of 12 lbs. Doc is still happy with my gain and said it's completely normal for it to fluctuate. I asked some questions I had ready which were all answered. Then my OB thanked me for being the only "normal" patient she'd have all day...whatever that means.

I had my blood drawn (1 vial) at 1 hour post drink and 2 hours post drink. I'll find out my results in a couple days. I was 1 of 4 girls there getting the test done yesterday. One girl puked all over herself after taking the drink and will have to come back to redo the test. The two other girls both got dizzy and had to lay down in rooms for the 2 hours. I'm honestly surprised by this because I didn't feel the slightest bit different after the drink. Actually, it helped with the hunger pangs for about an hour.

In the end, it's over (YAY!) and I've got my fingers crossed that I passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment