Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Cider Mill Trip

Yesterday we decided to head up to Plymouth Orchards with my parents.  It was pretty chilly but not cold enough yet for the down maternity jacket I bought, so I had to sport an old jacket that wouldn't ever even come close to zipping at this point.

We walked around their little market for a while picking up a few items like apple pie bread, apple coffee, popcorn, etc.  I saw a couple items that I considered buying, but decided against at the last minute like: apple & vidalia onion vinaigrette dressing, apple BBQ sauce, pumpkin and apple butter, etc.

In the end, we picked up some cider, doughnuts, carmel apples, and a peck of apples to make apple pie.  I don't think we'll end up getting to the pie until next week, but I'm excited none-the-less!

After making our purchases we went to sit at the picnic tables to enjoy the spoils!  They had a musician there playing a lot of Jimmy Buffett music.  I sat there enjoying my cider and doughnuts while watching all of the other people.  I couldn't help but get really excited about being able to take Maddie next year!  Cider Mills are one of my favorite things and I can't wait to start a family tradition of taking our kids there every fall.  Looks like Maddie has a good start since she's already been twice so far this year with a third trip planned on the 15th!

Here are a few pictures:



 Can't wait to go again with Jill + Aaron in a couple weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment