Ryan and I had a bit of a difficult time coming up with a name for baby girl. We had a boys name picked out almost instantly, but came to a standstill pretty quickly on a girls name and kind of just gave up. Then, we found out we were actually having a girl, so it was back to the drawing board. We vetoed nearly every name the other came up with. We'd end up with a list of a few names and we'd ponder those for a while and inevitably they'd all end up vetoed. I'm almost certain that we vetoed 90% of the female names in existence.
One of the initial names I threw out was Madelyn, and Ryan vetoed it almost immediately. At some point, we were discussing names and Ryan said, "Hey! What about Madelyn?!?" The look I gave him was probably priceless. He said he knew he vetoed it, but he liked it now. So, we decided that we'd think about Madelyn for a while to make sure we both really liked it. We ended up settling on that name, but couldn't decide on a spelling. And then Ryan came home from work and handed me this:
Honest to goodness, I almost started crying right there. I don't know why...I think it was a culmination of knowing that Ryan was thinking about his baby, and thinking about her name, and thinking about me...enough so that he decided to buy these cookies and bring them to me. I'm such a dork that we've had them for weeks now and I've refused to open them because every time I look at the package it makes me smile.
In the end, we actually decided on the French spelling for our little girl, so I love those little cookies even more. I know, I know...overly emotional pregnant chick. I got it.

No comments:
Post a Comment