Well, my OB called today and told me I failed my glucose test. One of my draws was "marginally" high, whatever that means. I was referred to and made an appointment with a high-risk OB at Henry Ford West Bloomfield (where I will be delivering). My OB said that most GD can be managed appropriately with diet alone, so at this appointment I will be learning what my new diet is as well as learning how to test my blood sugar levels daily. I can't say I'm real thrilled about poking my fingers repeatedly during the day, but at least it's only for 13 weeks.
My appointment is on October 21st, so I will update more when I find out what's going on. In searching the internet, it looks like most GD diets are pretty similar to how I normally eat. Obviously, I'll have to cut out my daily Coke and skip the occasional desserts that I have. I probably eat more carbs than recommended, but if my diet is like the ones I've seen on the internet, then it doesn't seem like it will require too much adjustment on my part.
In other news, I convinced my wonderful husband to make some of his delicious chili for dinner this week and since he got home a bit early today he decided to make it for tonight! All of the yummy peppers (that thoroughly confused the cashier at Meijer) all perfectly chopped up and sauteing:
The meat is all browned (he uses stew meat instead of ground beef), the 'maters are all cut up, and the sauce is all mixed:
Now we just have to add some beans, wait another 2-3 hours, and it's CHILI TIME!!!! Guess this is a good meal to kick off my GD since it's high in protein and low in carbs/sugar.


No comments:
Post a Comment