Well, the landscaper finally made it out to do our backyard today and I could not be happier with how it looks.
Here are some of the before pics:
Here's a good shot of the weeds I fight every year from the forest. Unfortunately, I ended up with poison ivy from weeding this year, so I'm even more glad that it's gone now!
And here's the main reason for the work....the flooding. The whole back 1/3 of our yard stayed a swampy flood plain from May through about September.
And here is my wonderful new backyard all finished and beautiful:
Close up of the left side of the yard with the redbud tree, rhododendron, hydrangea, hibiscus and hostas:
Here's the middle with our brand new spruce (beautiful!), and my ornamental grasses. I absolutely love the zebra grass on either side of the pine:
And finally the right side of the yard with pretty much the same stuff as the left:
I could not be happier with how it turned out. I love all of the river rock in front, which should definitely help with the flooding issue. If you need some work done and are in SE Michigan, I would night recommend Lucas Nursery (they did my parents' fire pit too)!!!
Wow! That looks great. When Louis and I make it out there next (with baby M) we will need to party in the backyard!
ReplyDelete