Today I had a normal prenatal appointment. I actually got to see my regular OB today which was nice. He went over my ratios for the NT Scan. Everything looked fantastic: Trisomy 21 is 1:1600, Trisomy 13 is 1:10000, and Trisomy 18 is 1:10000.
Then he tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler but couldn't. So he decided that since baby was being stubborn, and because the tech had such a hard time measuring the baby last time that we should do an ultrasound just to make sure everything is okay.
I was completely shocked when he led me into the ultrasound room and the performed the ultrasound himself!!! I think we was having a lot of fun because he verified a very strong heartbeat and that baby was definitely on track for growth in the first 30 seconds, but kept checking things out. He had the screen angled toward me the whole time, so I got to see baby dancing around, clapping, and sucking it's thumb. At one point, baby fanned it's fingers out and my OB got all excited about how cool it was. LOL. I seriously heart that guy.
Anyway, I thought I'd post a few of the pics from today, especially for Jayne (my mother-in-law). I love the first one because I think it is SO cool how you can see all of the individual fingers!
This one is also one of my favorites because you can see the spine and ribs!!! Freaky, but sooo cool!
And finally, one that is zoomed out and showing the heartbeat at the bottom!
I have another appointment in two weeks for another blood test. This one apparently tests for spinal and brain defects. But, my OB said that based on what he saw today he highly doubts there will be any problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment