It's at times like last night that I wish I had a continually running video camera in my house. It was like any other night. M ate dinner: beef stroganoff and corn! She got herself super messy, so Ryan took her upstairs for a bath. After bath time, we sat down on the floor to play. And all of the sudden she decided to walk from the ottoman to her toy in the middle of the floor.
I don't know why, but I was really surprised. I got all excited, screaming, and clapped like a mad woman. M got a HUGE grin on her face. She was clearly quite proud of her accomplishment.
Ryan, unfortunately, was upstairs and didn't see it. So, when he came down I pulled out the video camera and started filming while we tried to encourage her to do it again. She didn't. Stubborn just like her parents. There were a couple times she took one step, but nothing like she did before.
I wanted to post a video or picture of her walking, but alas, was unable to get one. So, you all will just have to wait until I can catch her doing it. Until then, here's a random M pic from this past weekend:

I learned quickly with B that things would be done on her terms. Looks like M might be the same way!
ReplyDelete