Trina's last day with us was yesterday. She was pretty upset to be leaving. I went to pick her up from camp and she started crying. She said she was going to really miss camp. Trying to make her feel better, I said she was only missing one week of camp and that she'll be back next year to see all the kids again. That's when she started crying even harder and told me that she was going to really miss us, and that she doesn't want to leave. She said, "I can see my other mom is 30 years!" So, again I tried to make her feel better by saying that she was also going to get to see her brothers, cousins, and friends from school! I told her that school was starting soon and seeing all of her school friends again is going to be exciting. She, of course, had quite the retort, by telling me that making NEW friends at her school here would be MORE exciting. So, at that point I just kind of left it alone.
We drove up to the drop-off point last night, and Trina seemed in relatively good spirits. She read her new favorite book, and chatted with us a bit. I'll say this...it was 1000 times better than other drop-offs we've endured. Nessa and Jordan brought Trina's cousin with them, so Trina was ecstatic when she saw her in the car. They proceeded to run around and have fun together while we exchanged Trina's luggage. Bringing the cousin was definitely a good idea as far as Trina is concerned because we totally avoided the crocodile tears.
We'll definitely miss her, but it's only a few months until Christmas :)
I'll post some pictures this weekend of her last few days here!
No comments:
Post a Comment