Sunday, April 28, 2013

Reminisce & Homemade Spaghetti & Meatballs! (Oh, and some Beer Cheese Bread too)

So, today I was going through my iPhoto library and ran into the picture folder from the very first time I met Trina.  It seems like so very long ago, and I suppose it was.  It's been over 6 years.  This is one of my very favorite photos I've taken of Trina and Ryan and it was from this trip:


And on to our homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs.  I'd post the recipe here, but I've been sworn to secrecy.  So, I suppose the only way you'll get to try it is by coming over to my house for dinner!!

We mixed all the ingredients together in a pot and then used the immersion blender to break it all up:

Then, we mixed up all the ingredients for some meatballs, and made them into ball form.  I prefer to bake meatballs, and the recipe calls for it, so baking it was!


The sauce has to simmer all day.  And while that happens you can cook the balls.


Then fold them into the sauce and keep cooking for a while:


OM NOM NOM NOM.

Ryan also decided to make a loaf of Beer Cheese Bread.  Super simple.  And here it is:


And here's our meal all finished.  It was delicious.


Next time I think I'll add some basil.  The recipe I used easily made a double batch.  We used half tonight which fed the 3 of us and will supply all three of us with lunch.  And I froze the other half to use at a later time.  All I'll have to do is cook some noodles and heat up the sauce/meatballs!

No comments:

Post a Comment