M has been in a good mood today. She's currently in transition to a new room (Toddler I) at daycare. Last time she transitioned, the actual transition went smoothly...it was the week after that was pure hell. This time, I requested that they take two weeks to transition her in an attempt to ease her into it a little bit more.
She came home tonight and refused to eat dinner, rather she insisted on eating BUNNY! BUNNY! BUNNY! Which means either her cheddar bunnies or her bunny fruit snacks. Damn you Annie for making such yummy snacks. It was totally her loss tho because dinner was great!
Afterward, we played a bit of hide and seek.
And look at these beautiful blue eyes! I can't get enough of them. And I sure hope they stay this color later in life and don't change like mine!
Some new things Miss M has been doing lately....saying no. "Maddie can I have a hug?" "NO!" "Have a good day today Maddie!" "NOOOO!" It was mildly entertaining at first...
She also has this new screech she does when she doesn't get what she wants instantaneously. It's awesome. Or the exact opposite. We're working on getting her to communicate what she wants a little better to ease some of the frustration levels she's experiencing.
Other than that, she's her happy-go-lucky self. She's such a great kid she makes me almost want to have another one ;)
For dinner tonight I tried another new recipe. Moroccan Fish with Mango-Lime Couscous! It was simple, easy, quick, and I absolutely LOVED all of the flavors.
Ryan was not a big fan of the texture of the couscous. And I'm pretty sure I've never had pearl couscous before...it was different. We'll definitely make this again because the mango, lime, cilantro flavor mix along with the fish rub was just spectacular. However, next time it will probably be made with rice to appease my husband.
I didn't change this recipe a whole lot. I used cod instead of white fish because it was fresher at the store. I added a bit more cumin to the rub (about 50%). I didn't measure the lime at all, just squeezes a whole lime into the bowl. And I held off on any additional salt. We also ate this with a side salad to get some veggies in there.

No comments:
Post a Comment