Friday, June 11, 2010

Business turned to pleasure

On Wednesday, I had some legal matters to attend to in East Tawas, MI. For those of you unfamiliar with that area of Michigan, it would be located a little above the first knuckle of your index finger. It's right on Lake Huron and a pretty "touristy" town.

Anyway, I had to travel to East Tawas with my clients (who happen to be family) on Wednesday (about a 4 hour drive) to take care of some legal transfer issues that should have been taken care of 25 years ago, but I digress.

After taking care of everything (in an extremely smooth and efficient manner), one of my clients decided that he wanted to go up to Oscoda (about 15 miles north of where we were) to see his brother and sister-in-law. I immediately grumbled to myself a little because we still had a 4 hour drive home, and it was already getting late.

We made it up to Oscoda, and my great Aunt & Uncle invited us to dinner. Then, my client decided he wanted to stay the night there. I wasn't inititally thrilled with the whole idea because I had absolutely nothing to sleep in/change into/wash with, etc. So, when my great Aunt decided to run to pick up dinner, I made a quick K-mart run for a tank, shorts, and flip flops. After getting back to the house and swapping my new attire for the suit and heels I was wearing, I was ready for buisness.

I actually ended up having a great time. We took a long boat ride on this lake:


It was one of the more relaxing moments I've had a quite a while. It was warm and sunny, and I just closed my eyes and soaked up the sun. Beautiful. I even got to drive the boat for a while, and obviously I tested to see how fast that sucker would go. I have a need for speed :) Driving the boat was actually a lot of fun, until I had to maneuver it through a little passageway under a bridge and appeared to be the EXACT size of the boat. LOL. For dinner we had steak, potatoes, salad, broccoli, and much much more. It was delish and I was totally stuffed and completely content after dinner. Then my great Uncle and I went for a bike ride around the lake. And after that we took a quick trip to my cousin's home, and hung out here for a little while:

Right on Lake Huron. Amazing.
*The moral of the story: sometimes the most relaxing and beautiful moments come out of chaos if you allow it. Plus, it doesn't hurt having your boss on the trip with you and game for taking another day off work to hang by the lake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment