First things first, my wedding blog is going to be delayed. I'm swamped here at work, and I have a small child at home now, so I've been running around like a crazy person. I have a couple minutes right now to update, but I cannot possibly do the wedding justice in that amount of time. So, unfortunately, the wedding blog will likely not occur until this weekend. Sorry!
Quickly, I'll update:
As you all know, I attended Louis and Jenny's wedding this weekend. It's definitely a wedding I will never forget -- and probably not for the reasons you're all thinking. You'll just have to wait to find out.
Saturday, we drove up to Wisconsin and stayed overnight in a Courtyard Marriott. I have to say, it was a REALLY nice hotel. Seriously. They even upgraded me to a King Jacuzzi suite. The Jacuzzi in the room was awesome. We definitely made use of that...especially with all of our aching muscles from FAR too much dancing the night before.
Sunday we hung around the hotel, checked out at noon, and then wandered the mall for a little while until Trina arrived. We ate lunch, drove forever, then ate dinner, and drove forever more. Honestly, the drive was horrendous. We got caught in terrible traffic in Wisconsin. Mostly due to people puttering down the road at the speed of smell. Then we got stuck in a nasty traffic jam on I-90 in Illinois, JUST before our exit onto I-249. And then, we hit the mother of all traffic jams in Michigan on I-94. Please heed my advice: If you are going to be driving ANYWHERE around the Chelsea/Dexter area, AVOID I-94 at all costs. We sat in a jam with our GPS saying 30 minutes to home for over an hour. And when we finally got out of the jam, our GPS still said 30 minutes to home. So, we left Wisconsin at 1:00, and arrived in Canton at almost 11:00. 10 hours for what should have been 7. Boo.
But, we're here now. Trina had her first day of camp yesterday and LOVED it. She was super excited about every. single. thing. She even came home singing "Agalina Magalina," a song that I sang at that very same camp 15 years ago (remember Kaaron??). It totally cracked me up, so we sang the song all the way home in the car.
Then we celebrated Father's Day late at my parents house. Grandpa came over, and so did Ashley and Eddie. We grilled out (yummy!) and had a good time.
And now, I'm out. I have about 8 million things piled up on my desk that I have to do, and about 10 million other things that need to get done at home. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
No comments:
Post a Comment