I cannot believe that it's almost July. Where has time gone?
It seems like last week I was getting married. But, last week, J was getting married. And it was more than a month ago that I was getting married!
I'm definitely looking forward to this coming weekend. Our annual trip up north for a long Independence Day weekend. I look forward to this trip every year. It is totally relaxing and an amazingly fun time. Although, it sucks every year because I never have cell service up there, so I can never call my wonderful J to tell her Happy Birthday. So, I'll give her an early *Happy Birthday* shout out right now. I hope a card will suffice. This year, Trina will be joining us for the first time up north. It's nice though because 3 of the other couples that go up there have small children. There will be a 7, 5, & 3 year old girl, as well as a 2 year old boy for her to buddy up with. We do a lot of swimming and fishing. And this year, the carnival and fireworks are on Sunday night.
The following Thursday we'll be attending a concert. Then, that weekend is Art in the Park in Downtown Plymouth. We go every year. And every year, it's about a billion degrees that weekend. Trina should have a good time, because they have a lot of children's activities in the park.
The weekend afterward we'll be heading out to the west side of the state to enjoy the beach & sand dunes. I am SO looking forward to this trip!!! I haven't been out there in a good 15 years, but I truly remember so much about it. And, it was a blast!
Then, the weekend after that is a trip to Greenfield Village & Museum. Ryan is actually pretty excited about it because he's such a history buff. I haven't been there since I was in 5th grade, and I truly don't remember very much about it. But, Trina saw an ad for it and wants to go. It's educational, and it's a museum...how can I say no???
That leaves me with 1 weekend that is free. And it likely won't remain free for much longer. We seem to book up months in advance. It's crazy, and that's not just our weekends. Our weekdays are even more packed than our weekends!
I feel so bad, because I had to make some hard decisions for the month of July. I was invited to a number of weddings that I would have loved to go to. I was also asked to stand in a couple this month as well. But, after I sat down and really thought about it, it's important that Ryan and I spend as much time with Trina as possible. We don't get to see her very often. And it seems absolutely silly (and irresponsible) for me to pawn her off every weekend so we can go to a wedding. I truly feel terrible that I had to say no to everyone, but I know they all understand. I can't wait to see pictures tho!!!
And I'll wrap this up with a shout out to my sister from a different mother: Jilly, I miss you! If you don't mind having a munchkin tagging around, I'd LOOOOVE to see you and Aaron sometime!!! XOXO
I miss you too! We definitely don't mind having Trina over. Our "kids" love children! Please call me soon to set up a date!
ReplyDelete