Monday, June 28, 2010

As promised...

Can we say plan Z? I don't think anyone involved with the wedding had what ended up happening cross their minds as a "possibility." While there were some major bumps in the road the day of the wedding...it ended up all turning out beautifully. And, as a bonus, I don't think *anyone* is going to forget that wedding.

The day started off wonderfully. We all got up and met in J's room around 10:30 for hair and make-up. For some reason, I didn't end up with a single shot of any of us getting ready. Maybe it was my subconscious screaming to not be posted online au naturale. Whatever the reason, my pictures begin with Miss J all done up and beautiful. Before getting all beautified...Dan and Sean showed up with lunch for all of us. We had a little bit of wine, and just generally hung out having a good time. While J was getting ready, Amy, Sean & I went down to check how things were coming along with the set-up. And, boy, am I sure glad we did! We got down to where the ceremony was supposed to take place and the chairs were set up all wonky. The three of us spent a good 45 minutes fixing all of the chairs. Did I mention that it was 96 degrees? Yeah, it was. And like 99% humidity. We were sweating buckets after about 5 minutes. Then, we took a trip to the ballroom where the reception was being set up. After looking at a few things we decided it was *definitely* not up to snuff. So, we went and chatted with the wedding coordinator, as well as the "captain" and requested that a number of things be fixed. Then, it was back upstairs to finish getting ready. Check out this beautiful bride!!!


Look at how absolutely beautiful Barb and Kathy look!!! I loved both of their dresses!!! And, I'm totally in love with Barb's new hair cut.

All of us girls and pretty and in our dresses.


Getting Miss J's veil in! Her veil was beautiful and she kept that thing on all night! I've got to give her credit. While I was in love with my veil, that thing came off just before dinner because I got so sick of everyone grabbing it and yanking my head backward. She's a trooper!!!


Beautiful!!!
After getting ready, we all headed outside to the area around where the ceremony was to take place for some pictures. The little area behind the hotel with the ponds and flowers was gorgeous! I kept check the sky the whole time we were out there. Every time I looked, everything appeared to be alright. It was a bit overcast, with the weather calling for isolated thunderstorms. But, based upon the sky it looked like the rain was going to hold out.





After taking the above pictures, we headed around the building to another area for pictures on the bridge. I took a look at the sky before walking over there, and it still looked like things would be fine. We literally were on the bridge for about 5 minutes taking pictures. In this picture you can see the storm starting to roll in. But, because our backs were to it, we didn't notice. As soon as I turned around to walk back, I saw the sky, and knew the ceremony would have to be inside. What I didn't know was what was about to happen next.


When we all saw the sky we decided to get inside as quickly as possible. We made it inside and took the elevators up to the 10th floor. Just as we got out of the elevator, the lights started to flicker, and then went out. I felt the tension rise to about breaking point. So, I tried to keep everyone calm. I tried to reassure everyone that there are generators, the power will probably come back on soon, we had plenty of time before the wedding, and even if it was a little delayed it wasn't a big deal. We got J back to her room, sat her down, got her some water, and tried to let her relax a little bit. It was about that point that we realized we were missing a maid. Mary had gotten stuck in the elevator with the photographer for the other wedding!!!
Eventually after a little bit of discussion and some stress, we eventually decided to have the ceremony in the ballroom. The power still wasn't back on, but there was plenty of light in the lobby for some "first look" pictures, and the ballroom (luckily) was being run by some generators.



And here are some pictures of the beautiful ballroom. J's colors were blue & purple. The centerpieces were exquisite. I loved that she had three different designs for the room, and they all looked wonderful. I think my favorite part was the tree at the entrance. It was AWESOME!





On to the ceremony! It was beautiful. The readers did a fantastic job. Everything worked out perfectly without a single problem. Once everything got started, it was almost as if the storm had never happened. I think everyone forgot about all the stress, and just got lost in the moment.


After the ceremony, everyone exited the ballroom and went into the lobby for cocktail hour. The bridal party and family went back outside (by now it has stopped raining) to take some more pictures. It took less than an hour, so we were able to make it in for the yummy food and drinks. The mini pizzas were delish, and of course I had one of the signature drinks (The Lenny) which consists of Malibu, pineapple juice, and a splash of grenadine. Ryan insists that he was up at the bar ordering two Miller Lites, and as soon as the bartender placed them down on the bar, the power miraculously came back on. Can we say Miller Lite ad?

I slipped back into the room before cocktail hour was over to take some pictures of the cake before it was too late! Isn't it beautiful?!?

The we all made our grand entrance. I have to say this next picture is one of my all time favorites!!!

And................................the new Mr. & Mrs. Malic!!!!

Onto the cake cutting. They both looked so darn cute and happy while they were cutting the cake and feeding it to each other. I think they both had a wonderful evening.

Here are some cute pics of the wedding party. I have to say that the one of Matt and Mary is priceless. I love those two.



And, the first dances. J & L, J & Dan, and L & Kathy. I was pretty surprised...everyone was a pretty decent dancer. Bravo boys.



And then we all danced the night away. J had bought purple glow sticks which were a huge hit. We all decked ourselves out in glow sticks and danced our little butts off for the rest of the night!


I had a GREAT time, and DEFINITELY will never forget her wedding. It ended up being a truly wonderful evening with some truly wonderful people. I love J & L's families and am super excited that I've been dubbed "one of the family" by both sides.
J & L should just be getting home from their honeymoon. I've been crossing their fingers that they didn't get any rain...I think they had enough of it on their wedding day!
I love you both!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the awesome pics!!! Major props to Ryan who could have a second career in wedding photography!!! I already miss you and think we need to plan our next get together because we got spoiled seeing each other so often during wedding season. LOVE YOU

    J Malic (ahhh that is weird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I'm always trigger happy at weddings now after what happened to Jill.

    How was the honeymoon? Did my finger crossing fend off the rain? I saw there was some pretty nasty caribbean weather, but it looked like it was all north of St. Lucia. You'll have to call me sometime after you've gotten settled in to tell me all about it! XOXO

    ReplyDelete