Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wow! It's been a while since I have written. Sorry. My world has taken on a life of it's own lately. I was really excited the Tuesday after the wedding thinking to myself that it was all finally over and I'd be able to relax and get back to normal. Ha!

I already posted on the journey through name change. I've been able to check a few more things off the list: work e-mail is changed, insurance is changed, membership cards have been changed, bank accounts are changed, new business cards are on order. Truly there are only two things I can think of that still need to be done: 1) my car title, and 2) my passport. I decided I'll change my car title when I go in for new tags in August. That way I only have to wait in line at the SOS once instead of twice. As for the passport, I'm going to wait until my new driver's license comes in the mail before I go in to do that. This whole name change thing has taken a lot more time and effort than I thought it would. Thank goodness I'm almost done with it.

Last Saturday was Miss Jennifer's bachelorette party. Although the drive out to Chicago was a total bummer because of some nasty traffic on I-94, I was so glad I could make it out there for her party. I think she had a great time. It was totally low key, and what she was looking for. We spent the afternoon at the pool until it started raining, then we went inside for some Bachelorette games. Afterward, we had Jennifer open her presents, and then get ready for dinner. Dinner was at Wildefire (I'd never been there before) because it's J's favorite. The food was delish, but the rule requiring two forms of I.D. was pretty dumb. After dinner, we hit up the hot tub until we got kicked out for the evening. All in all, I think everyone had a great time. I stole some pics from Katie because my camera died (and if you're reading this Kt, could you e-mail me some of the ones you took, pretty please???). Here's our bride-to-be in her full garb:
And, here's the super cute outfit she got. I know, I'm totally biased because I made it, but still...I love it and want to make myself one now :) Thanks to Target for making some amazingly comfortable hoodies & pants. After J put on her little outfit she kept saying it was so comfy she wanted to go to dinner in it. I am super glad she liked it as much as she did, because it took an amazingly long time to make...mostly because I'm not a math genius.
And here's a really cute shot of all of us girls before dinner! Left to right: Katie, Amy, Mary, Jen, Laura, Me & Erin.

This was the first time I actually got to sit down and "meet" Erin. She was at the bridal shower in March, but I was so busy with setting up and running the party I didn't get a lot of time to talk with anyone. I have to say I L.O.V.E. Erin. She is about the cutest, sweetest girl ever! Oh, and she makes a killer sangria!! I can't wait to see these girls again in two weeks for the wedding. I know it's going to be a great time as we ring in the new Mrs. Jennifer Malic!!!!

I've also been brain-storming a list of things to do with Trina while she is here this summer. It's been fun taking a stroll down memory lane, thinking of all the things I had a blast doing while I was a kid. At the top of the list I have: Silver Lake Sand Dunes (weekend trip), Frankenmuth (to hit up Bronners, etc.), Greenfield Village & Museum, and Michigan Adventure. I'd also like to head up a few days early to take her home in August so we can spend a night or two up on Mackinac Island! I'm actually really excited about Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- I hope we can make it out there with Ryan's crazy work schedule. That place is so much fun! We'll also hit up a few carnivals going on while she's here (i.e. Livonia Spree), and we'll be spending 4th of July weekend up north. I'm sure we'll also make it to Chuck E. Cheese about 50 times t00. Maybe we can hit up the American Girl shop on our swing thru Chicago after we pick her up in 2 weeks. I bet she'd love that.

Tonight is a big family dinner. My Aunt and Uncle are in town from Hilton Head so a bunch of us will be getting together for dinner. And, tomorrow is the BIG day for getting the title work finished. Wish me luck -- I don't need any complications with that!

1 comment:

  1. I will send you the rest of the pics here soon... promise!

    ReplyDelete