Sunday, October 3, 2010

Catch Up

I promised weeks and weeks ago to post pictures from this summer with Trina.  This is going to be a long post that is full of pictures.

First up, Trina's Luau day at Real Life Day Camp (RLDC).  Grandma had a bunch of Hawaiian things in her attic from when Ashley and I were kids.  So, we raided Grandma's attic and Trina picked out the following outfit for the Luau:


She spent the whole morning doing the Hula because she was overly excited for her party!  Next, is the rainbow we saw outside one night.  Trina insisted we take pictures because it was so beautiful, so here it is:


We had quite a few fun days of playing in the sprinkler and on the slip n' slide.  I'm not sure why this kid wanted to come home and play in the water more since she went swimming for 2 hours every day at camp.  But, alas, the sprinkler and slip n' slide became a regular appearance.  At least we had nice green grass this summer :)




As per tradition, we made our visit to Chuck E. Cheese with Savana.  Ever since we first visited Trina, we've made it a point to head to Chuck E. Cheese at least once a year.  The girls absolutely love it, and actually we have a bit of fun as well.  Trina was much more interested this year in actually playing the games for tickets so she could win things.  Last year, all she wanted to do was the painting game that didn't give you any tickets.  She found a kid's DDR and playing that.  I love her, but oh my gosh she was terrible at it!  It absolutely cracked me up!


Trina's tooth started getting really loose toward the end of her visit.  We were sitting in the car on the way home from camp and Trina starts yelling, "Mom!  I popped a root!!!"  So, I told her to keep working on her tooth and maybe it'd be loose enough for the tooth fairy to come that night.  She kept working on it during the ride home and popped another root.  Once dad got home from work, I asked Trina if she wanted us to try and pull it out.  She said no because she didn't want dad to use pliers.  I decided to show her the dental floss trick that grandma used on Ashley and I were little.  She liked that prospect, but wanted to do it herself.  But, she wasn't pulling hard enough so it didn't work.    



Here are a few pictures from dinner together on her last night in town.  We went to her favorite restaurant so she could get her coconut shrimp.  We had a great time!  It was the perfect end to a long summer visit.






On Trina's last day of camp she asked me to take a lot of pictures!  Below are a couple, including the outside of the barn and her sitting on the huge stacks of hay.



And, that's a wrap up of the summer from where I left off weeks and weeks ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment