Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Knitting Class 3

Today was our third knitting class.  After the second class, Ashley decided to start all over.  She sent me a picture of her new knitting and it was AMAZING!  I wish I had the picture to put it up here, but I can't figure out how to e-mail a picture that was texted to me.  Maybe I can convince Ashley to e-mail it to me to add here.

So, at class today, Dory taught me how to do the seat stitch:
I think it's a pretty neat stitch, and would probably look good incorporated into a scarf or something similar.  It would probably make a good dishrag too because it's bumpy.

I brought in Gram's stocking and Gram's pattern that my Aunt Phyll sent me.  I showed Dory the stocking and pattern and asked her if she thought I could make it, or if it was too complicated.  She looked at my sample below, and told me that I was doing well enough so far that I would probably be able to do it.  So, over the course of the next few classes she's going to show me how to do some of the required by the pattern.  She also had some suggestions to make the seam a little neater.

I'm actually finding knitting to be a lot of fun.  I've gotten a better handle on how to do the purl stitch, so it doesn't feel so awkward anymore.  I've also gotten a little quicker, which is nice because I can actually see my progress while I'm IN class and not after a few hours of practice at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment