Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Knitting Class 2

Today was the second day of knitting class.  I practiced my knit stitch at home until I was pretty comfortable with it.  I learned a few things in class today:

1) If you knit or pearl every row you end up with a garter pattern.  That's at the end of my scarf.
2) If you knit one row, then pearl the next you'll end up with the smooth area in the center.
3) If you knit two stitches, then pearl two stitches you'll end up with the ribbing at the top.

These are our "work in progress" scarves when we were about half way through class today.




Note:  Ashley is making me a scarf, and I'm super excited to wear it because it has it's own "scarf baby" hanging off the side :)  The scarf baby can be seen quite well in the picture below, it's on the left hand side!


And then finally, my knitting after class was over.  I'm working on the ribbing and am really liking it!!!


I am finding the pearl stitch a little awkward to do, so I'm going to have to practice that this week.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment