Well, since it is officially October I am allowed to start talking about Haunted Houses!!! This is one of my absolutely favorite things to do every year. My sister and I are on a quest to find the scariest most awesome haunted house in the State of Michigan.
Thinking back, Ashley and I have always gone to haunted houses...ever since we can remember. Maybe that's part of the reason why we're so obsessed with haunted houses and scary movies. For some reason, I remember haunted houses being better when I was in high school. I remember going to one that was sponsored by Q955, and I remember it being dramatically awesome. The effects were amazing, so much so that I was totally freaked out to cross the rope bridge because it really looked like it was miles off the ground. I also remember after going to that haunted house with my high school boyfriend, I insisted I take my sister. The next day we were back with my sister and her friend Brittany. The two of them absolutely LOST it in there. They were 100% terrified. It was hilarious :) After a couple years, that haunted house shut down (never disappointing)...likely because the radio station was bought out by ClearChannel. Ever since, Ashley and I have had a mission to find the "best" haunted house.
We succeeded a few years ago in finding one of the best haunted houses I've ever been to. Ashley, Eddie, Ryan, and I had mapped out a few haunted houses we were going to in the Macomb County area. As we were driving from one to another, I think down Dequindre (but I'm not sure), we saw all these signs pointing to a haunted house in a strip mall. I made the executive decision to head in there and check it out. To be honest, it looked pretty lame from the front and had the typical "warning" saying "Not recommended for children under 12." Usually when a haunted house has that warning, it means it's going to suck. That's what we've learned. Also, if a haunted house says you're going to get your money back...it's the lamest of the lame about 8/10 times. In the end, however, we decided to check this haunted house out for multiple reasons: 1) there was no line, bonus!; 2) the admission fee was cheap, I think it was $3 a person; 3) it was on our way to the other haunted house; 4) if anything it was worth $3 for a good laugh; and, 5) we were already there, so why not.
This haunted house ended up being the best haunted house I've ever been to, bar none. Unfortunately, as hard as we've tried, we could not remember the name of it, exactly where it was located, or any way to try and find it again. It appears as if this haunted house will remain an elusive mystery forever. I hope one day to find it again, but odds aren't good since it's probably been 3 years now since we went to it. But, I digress.
Fear Finder? Check!
Now, we just need to finalize our list of haunts to visit. Unfortunately, for as long as we have been doing this, we have never kept a list of the houses we've already been to. Every year we say that we need to keep a list so we don't end up at a lame house we've already been to (this has happened a few times). So this year, I'm going through the magazine with Ashley and we're making a list of the houses we remember going to. Then we're going to add to the list from there. I found this ad in the Fear Finder and thought it was hilarious...ZOMBIE SHOOT!!!
And look! You get to shoot the Zombies with REAL TIPPMANN US ARMY LASER WEAPONS! Ryan is going to have a field day with this ad when I show it to him. He's so anal about anything military related. This is part of the reason I hate watching war movies with him. He ruins them by picking them apart saying that such and such wouldn't have ever happened, and this is inaccurate, and that explosion would NEVER be that big OR have flames. I would totally go to this place if we could shoot zombies with paintball guns. Now THAT would be fun.
Last year, Ashley and I found a haunted "house" that we REALLY wanted to go to. The boys, however, vetoed it in favor of some lame haunted funeral home. Don't get me wrong, it was actually pretty creepy going through a haunted house in a REAL funeral home, but that was about as scary as it got. This year, Ashley and I have unilaterally decided that we will be visiting the "house" we wanted to go to last year and there will be no if, ands, or buts about it. It's not really a house though, it's a haunted trail in the forest. And, it's a mile long. And, you have to walk it --- no hay rides here.
The only problem is that this haunted trail is out by itself. There are no other houses anywhere near it. Which means that we'll end up wasting a lot of time driving, when we could be hitting other haunted houses. We made the mistake of doing this exact same thing two years ago. We drove the 2 hrs to the Homer Mill. Paid the $25 per person. Waited in line for 2 hrs. Only to be severely disappointed in the entire thing. Alice Cooper sucks if he thinks it's the best haunted house ever.
Think we should take the risk?



No comments:
Post a Comment