Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Pretend...

for a minute that I didn't spend 20 years in school, I didn't get a B.A. or a J.D., and I didn't pass the Bar Exam.  And, let us descend upon some of the funniest, most embarrassing brain farts I've had over the last few years.

Brain Fart #1:  My sister and I are surfing through the Comcast guide looking for something to watch.  We stop at a movie that is listed and at the exact same time say, "NYE-a-garra,, NYE-a-garra."  What the heck is that?"  My mom was in the kitchen cooking, and came in to see what we were looking at.  She promptly burst out laughing and said, "Niagara."  Worst part?  We have been to Niagara Falls.

Brain Fart #2:  Many of my blog readers were actually present for this embarrassing little mishap ::blushes::  I still can't believe I actually said this.  Scene:  Meredith's Baby Shower.  Many of us law school students were sitting at tables together, and eventually joked that one of the shower games should have been to not say "law" instead of "baby" because we definitely would have lost.  Anyhoo, as part of our conversation we discussed how bad my Crim Law professor was because he had to teach us felony murder 4 different times.  True Story.  A little later, another shower game was passed out.  If I remember correctly, we had to use the two given words to connect them to a singular common word.  Regardless, I started the game and I swear for the first 5 minutes I was stuck on the VERY FIRST one.  Finally, I got so frustrated, I said out loud to the whole table, "What the hell is a con-SPUR-ator?!?"  There was a long silence, a lot of laughter, and then, "You mean conspirator?  Man, your crim law professor really WAS horrible!!!"

Brain Fart #3:  This is the first serious reading FAIL that my husband witnessed.  Scene:  Driving in the car with Ryan.  As we're driving by this building, I am confused by the name and ask Ryan, "What is an ah-LEE-bee?"  Yeah, turns out the name was Alibi Inn.

So, while out to dinner with my parents the other night, my husband brought up the ah-LEE-bee incident, because we happened to drive by the Alibi Inn earlier that day.  My mom started cracking up and my dad just looked at me like I was mentally handicapped.  To be honest, I was a little surprised they hadn't heard the story before because my husband never lets things like that slip.  Ryan then, in his hilarity, said "I am surprised you got convicted of being a con-SPUR-ator because you had a rock solid ah-LEE-bee.  You were in NYE-a-garra."  Har-har-har.


In other news:  I scored this super cute sweater for $3.18 today!!!  I love the buttons on the sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment