Sunday, April 17, 2011

WFD?

LASAGNA!  I looooove my mom's lasagna recipe and try to make it at least once a month.  I love it for two reasons: 1) It is super easy, and 2) It is delicious. 

I decided to shake things up a bit this time and try it with turkey.  Essentially, you brown the beef (in this case turkey), add a jar of Prego, bring to a boil.  Then, you layer everything...2/3 meat mixtures, layer of uncooked noodles, ricotta, mozarella, repeat, top with remaining meat, then add water around the edges.  You get this:
 Then you cover it with foil and cook.  Ryan prefers his lasagna to have cheese on top, and I really prefer not to have cheese on top, so we split the lasagna down the middle.
 I usually like to pair lasagna with a salad and some garlic bread.  I was a little bummed because 1/2 of the cucumber I picked up today was bad, so I ended up having to throw most of it out.  But, there was enough to use for the salad.  In the background you can see the bottom of my favorite Italian dressing that I make at home. 
Verdict on the turkey:  It was good, but I still prefer lasagna with the beef.  I might shake things up every once in a while and use the turkey, but I'll likely stick with beef for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment